Job Seekers Allowance

Jobseeker’s allowance (JSA) Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) is a benefit for people who are unemployed or working fewer than 16 hours a week and are seeking work.

Universal credit (UC)

Universal credit (UC) Universal credit is a new means-tested benefit that will eventually replace the following current means-tested benefits: child tax credit; housing benefit; income-related employment and support allowance; income-based jobseeker’s allowance; income support; and working tax credit.

Employment and support allowance (ESA)

You can get ESA if your ability to work is limited by ill health or disability.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal independence payment (PIP) is a new benefit for people who need help taking part in everyday life or who find it difficult to get around. It replaces disability living allowance for people between the ages of 16 and 64 inclusive.

Attendance allowance (AA)

You can claim attendance allowance if you are disabled, are aged 65 or over and need help to look after yourself.

Child Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Your child can claim disability living allowance (DLA) if he or she is under 16, disabled and needs extra help to look after themselves or has difficulty walking or getting around.

Blue Badge Scheme

The Blue Badge scheme is for eligible disabled people, including those with non-physical (hidden) disabilities, whether they are travelling as a driver or as a passenger.