Social Prescribing PLUS
DisABILITY Connect – Connecting you to your community
DisABILITY Connect is an innovative Social Prescribing Project+, with an aim to empower, engage and to really support people to maintain positive health and well-being, by linking people with opportunities within their local community.
We support people experiencing disability and/or long-term/life-limiting health conditions, who may feel socially isolated and want to become more engaged and involved with their local community.
The benefits of social prescribing are many and far-reaching – it can support people in managing their health and well-being, and help them to achieve the positive life outcomes they are looking for.
DisABILITY Connect understands the importance of taking a holistic approach to identifying an individual’s needs within the context of their life. That’s why we work closely with our customers helping them to explore the range of solutions that can help to bring them closer to their desired goals and aspirations, focusing on what really matters to them.
We aim to help people to:
- Reduce social isolation and loneliness
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Improve mental well-being
- Build and further develop emotional and personal resilience
- Promote independence, empowerment and engagement
- Improve the knowledge of support available in the local area, and the confidence to access the services and support
- Maintain and improve health and well-being
- Support a better quality of life
For more information on how you, or someone you know, can connect with the DisABILITY Connect Team please contact Rachael our Project Lead on: 01782 667323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a range of exciting opportunities for volunteering within the team. If you think you can make a difference by volunteering as a Volunteer Community Champion, please contact Dave Lovatt on 01782 667336 or email email@example.com